Your pet dog that roams around the entire house needs a personal place to itself i.e. his dog kennel. It gives the pet a sense of protection and warmth, and provides peace of mind to the pet. This is a wise way of setting some base rules in the house. With a kennel, your dog will get a sense of having its own space, which is crucial for training; else, you will just end up with a pampered dog, who will not really obey you. Sure pampering is nice, but like kids, it is also vital to establish some disciplinary norms.
Benefits and Features of a Dog Kennel
- Like the way wolves give birth to their kids in the caves, and seek protection from other wild animals and severe weather conditions; similarly, dogs also like a personal den to themselves where they can do their own thing without any interference. For instance if you are mad at your pet for being disobedient or for being too naughty then a dog kennel provides a place where it can relax.
- As mentioned before, a dog kennel provides a sense of ownership and personal space to your dog, which is essential for its growth and development. A kennel is truly dedicated to them and provides a sense of safety and comfort to them.
- The dog kennel can be regarded as a sophisticated modern cage, which plays a crucial role in training the dog. The size of these kennels can be adjusted. Initially the dog kennel should be just big enough for your pet to comfortably move around and sit. As it learns to keep it clean and gets petty trained the size can be increased.
- The place where the dog kennel is placed is very important. Your dog should not feel isolated and hence the dog kennel should be placed where there is maximum movement, like the living room.
- Dog kennels are beneficial for both permanent and portable use. These days you can also get the dual benefit of not buying a crate. If you want to take your dog to work then instead of putting it in the back of your truck you can place it in the small dog kennel, which can be locked for its safety and can be place in the back seat of your car or in the car’s boot.
Difference between crates and dog kennels
In terminology, both of these provide the same functions. Basically a crate is more like an open version of the kennel with a door. It is purposely made to help you travel with ease. However, these days a lot of these crates are made into functional dog kennels. So you get dual benefits by buying one. These crates are helpful when you cannot watch your pet and still want to keep them secured, for instance when you are driving, you surely don’t want your puppy to jump around the car, and spoil your car seat hence a dog kennel surely comes to your rescue.
Dog kennelsare beneficial in multiple ways, for both you and your dog, so happy petting. You can use it for creating a secure and safe atmosphere for your loving pet, especially when you are not around. The kennel becomes a security blanket for them and also gives your pet some time apart from you. It gives more independence, especially if you plan to go for a short trip and leave the pet behind with a sitter. Still want to know more? Click here and get more information about dog kennels.