Fluoxymesterone is a synthetic anabolic androgenic steroid. The brand name is called Halotestin. Since the product is anabolic and androgenic, it is used by bodybuilders. However, the users have not rated product favourably. Apparently, there are several side effects that are extremely risky to health even potential adverse effects.
It is advisable to use Halotestin under the supervision of a doctor. However, the use of the drug can cause different kinds of side effects. The first kind is comparatively mild and that includes the following:
- Hair loss
- Increased anxiety
Generally, women who are interested in try drugs while practising bodybuilding should not take this drug. In fact Halotestin is not at all recommended for women due to potential adverse effects. Some of health risks are extremely harmful. The reason is because Halotestin is intensely androgenic in nature. Women can even get virilise effects as a result of which they get masculine characteristics. Here are some of the examples:
- Facial and/or body hair growth.
- Deeper voice
- Enlarged clitoris
- Irregular menstrual cycles
- Cessation of menstruation
Other symptoms include more serious side effects. These include jaundice when the entire body turns yellowish especially in the eyes and skin. Also, there might be non-typical bruises or bleeding.
All the time, physicians recommend patients against the use of Halotestin. This is true especially if the individual is suffering from metabolic or hormonal disorder. These include people who take insulin for diabetes. People taking warfarin medication for blood thinning or cardiovascular condition should not take the drug. Even if any individual has been diagnosed for any of the following illnesses that person must not take the drug. Also, if the physician suspects that the person might have any of the illnesses it is not advisable for the person to try the drug. These illnesses are cardiovascular, liver, and kidney dysfunction. Individual having these diseases and taking Halotestin would be only increasing the risk of health severity. The side effects of taking the drug are life-threatening. There have been several cases from users who have ended up with adverse conditions. The list is mentioned below:
- In 2016, there is Brain connectivity abnormalities in anabolic-androgenic steroid users.
- Comparative structural brain imaging of long-term anabolic-androgenic steroid users and non-using weightlifters. Study showed that there are links between use of anabolic-androgenic steroids and negative impact. It is on cortical thickness and the brain volume.
- In 2013, Cognitive deficits in long-term anabolic-androgenic steroid users. There has been significantly negative impact on visual spatial memory and pattern of recognition memory.
- In 2017, White matter abnormalities in long-term anabolic-androgenic steroid users. Changes in the white matter can affect brain function such as have negative impact on learning, memory, and cause stroke, dementia, Alzheimer’s.
- The phrase “long-term use” is relative. Even short-term use of potent anabolic androgenic steroids can cause amazing, fast-developing side effects. Also, adverse reactions in regard to organ function.